February 19, 2009
We had a record Valentine’s Day. The weather was nice and I was able to open up the back deck. Sunday brunch was packed and Sunday night saw a steady stream at the door. It was wonderful, but I was so tired I couldn’t speak. I kept finishing the food with the wrong sauces and garnishes. I went home and went to bed for two days, complete with a bit of the flu.
Back at work on Wednesday I wasn’t expecting much business to I tried to get some things done. I arrived at 11:00am.
- Did the kitchen prep list for my tournant to take care of.
- Did Payroll – ran reports, corrected screwed up computer time clock issues, filled out papers and faxed to payroll company. Payroll comes tomorrow.
- Inventoried Liquor and placed order (manager is on vacation)
- Ordered two new wines for the wine list
- Stripped one of the bar coolers, replaced the liner. restocked
- Cleaned all the glass shelves
- Discarded extra wine boxes that had accumulated at bar.
- Met with liquor distributor who brought in a delicious new bottle of liquor. Added to order. Added Pear vodka to another order for a new cocktail.
- Called contractor about awning curtains not being finished.
- Called another contractor about tile problem in kitchen. …big problem
- Ordered supplies from Staples
- Checked in Linen
- Paid many invoices: muzak, gas, electric, paper goods supplies, dish machine company, dumpster company, web design guys, china company.
- Recalculated wine prices for updated wine list on Thursday
- Set up bar (manager on vacation)
- Had a tete a tete with dishwasher about which mop to use where and how much water and soap in bucket for recently waxed dining room floors.
- Put together clean menus
- Called valet company about valet throwing cigarette butts into the flower bed that he smokes and onto the curb. They sent someone to clean it up. I got tired of talking to the valet.
- Directed waitstaff on clearing out the wait station of all supplies so it could be cleaned and chemically treated to prevent you know what from moving in.
- Opened for business. Worked bar, which on a slower night means: host, tend bar, bus tables, run food, expedite,help in kitchen.
- Entered all customer info and comment cards into computer system.
- Cleaned bar
- Cashed out waiters.
- Closed out paperwork.
- Iced the fish which my saute cook failed to do
- Put down bug chemicals, monthly treatment
- Locked up.
Went home at 11:05 pm.